Dr. Beltrane’s Story
Dr. Beltrane holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Hardin-Simmons University and received her Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) Degree from the University of Texas, Health Science Center San Antonio in 1983.
She holds a Master of Science in Dental Public Health from Boston University, Goldman School of Graduate Dentistry and began her career in dentistry as a dental hygienist in 1965.
Dr. Beltrane has been committed to providing Family and Cosmetic Dentistry in the San Antonio area for almost thirty years. She was inducted into the International College of Dentists in the fall of 2012 in San Francisco.
Dr. Beltrane actively supports the local community by volunteering at the San Antonio Christian Dental Clinic at the Haven For Hope, Texas Mission of Mercy and has adopted local schools for dental education and dental screenings over the years.
Dr. Beltrane is a member the following associations:
- American Dental Association
- American College of Dentists
- Academy of Dentistry International
- Pierre Fauchard Academy
- Texas Dental Association
- San Antonio District Dental Association-past president
- American Association of Women Dentists-past president
- Texas Association of Women Dentists-Founding president of San Antonio Student Chaper
- Texas State Board Dental Examiners- appointed by Gov. George W. Bush 1995-1999
A decade ago Dr. Beltrane took her first oil painting class through the NEISD Community Ed with instructor Gloria Howerton and since then she has taken over 20 classes in drawing, water colors, oils and acrylics. She has studied under local artists Maren Phillips, Andy Villarreal, Lesta Frank and traveled to Italy with painter Vie Dunn-Harr for a two week course at Citte della Pieve, a medieval village in the Umbria Region on the Tuscany border.